No award winning marketing campaign or multi-million dollar fundraising program comes about without the love, sweat, and determination of a team of passionate fundraisers behind the helm. Here at Faircom, we work hard to make sure our campaigns meet and exceed expectations, and ensure our clients are confident and happy with the results. The team is a unique mix of fundraisers, marketers, analysts, and designers, and we’re always looking for hard-working talent to join our ranks.
If there are no open positions or you don’t see a role that fits your experience, please feel free to submit your resume as an open application.
Faircom New York (FNY) is a full-service fundraising and communications agency that works with nonprofit organizations of varying breadth, mission, and size. Established more than 25 years ago, we are committed to helping charitable organizations extend their reach and fundraising efforts through an integrated approach.
About the Position
We are currently looking for an energetic, motivated professional to join our Global Philanthropy (GP) team. At FNY, the GP team creates and implements fundraising strategies on behalf of our nonprofit clients primarily targeting high-net-worth individuals, corporations, and foundations. This includes strategic counsel and support in targeted donor relationship building, events production, and communications development. Our team also works closely with FNY’s digital and direct mail departments, collaborating on integrated approaches that engage audiences at every level of the donor pyramid.
In joining this team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with and learn from an experienced and international team, including FNY founder and president Corinne Servily, recognized as one of the world’s top fundraising consultants. This position is ideally suited for a resourceful, solutions-driven individual who has a passion for philanthropy and an interest in growing in an exciting agency environment.
The position requires a high degree of organization, self-direction, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task. A candidate with writing and research skills as well as experience with events is a plus.
This position is based in New York with remote opportunities, however during peak fundraising/event periods, the candidate is expected in-office full time.
To be successful, you will:
- Work closely with all members of the GP team to implement fundraising and communications strategies for a range of domestic and international clients.
- Conduct client, competitor, and broader market research to inform strategy development.
- Execute prospect research for donors and other strategic partners, including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Draft, edit, and format documents, presentations, website copy, brochures, and other communications materials.
- Assist with special events production leading up to and during the event, as well as post-event follow-up, including acknowledgments.
- Provide regular project reports to your supervisor and team.
- Deliver administrative support to the GP team, including assistance with meeting and presentation arrangements.
- Carry out other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience; fundraising, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Experience with nonprofits is essential, while agency, fundraising, and communications experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English required; second language skills are a plus (French preferred).
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with an independent, resourceful approach to work.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, including editing skills.
- Strong competency in research and analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a “can-do” approach to diverse software and technology.
- Positive and professional attitude, including comfort working with a broad range of clients and team members.
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines, as well as an ability to assess and set priorities.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.