No award winning marketing campaign or multi-million dollar fundraising program comes about without the love, sweat, and determination of a team of passionate fundraisers behind the helm. Here at Faircom, we work hard to make sure our campaigns meet and exceed expectations, and ensure our clients are confident and happy with the results. The team is a unique mix of fundraisers, marketers, analysts, and designers, and we’re always looking for hard-working talent to join our ranks.
If there are no open positions or you don’t see a role that fits your experience, please feel free to submit your resume as an open application.
Faircom New York (FNY) is a full-service international fundraising and communications agency that works with nonprofit organizations of varying breadth, depth, mission and size. Established more than two decades ago, we are committed to helping charitable organizations extend their reach through an integrated and innovative approach.
About the Position:
We are currently looking for an energetic direct response fundraising professional to join the production team to act as lead for all print production management. You will contribute to the overall success of programs through flawless planning and print execution for local and international clients. You will work closely with the account teams and external vendors in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-performance and fun environment.
In this position, you will be the lead for all print production management. As the lead, your primary responsibilities are to ensure that all direct mail projects are mailed flawlessly, on schedule, and within budget. With an eye for detail, planning and sourcing you will work closely with account directors, designers, and external vendors to produce high-quality, timely and error-free printed mailings.
The position requires a high degree of knowledge of lettershop and print production, organization, self-direction, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task. Moreover, working on multiple clients, with varying deadlines, requires strong project management skills. We are committed to open and candid communication with clients and within our team. When people trust each other, great work can happen. FNY offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including summer Fridays, a sizeable vacation policy, flexible work hours, and a very warm office environment. If you are a team player with a positive attitude, innovative ideas, and a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, we hope to hear from you!
To be successful, you will:
- Liaise with external vendors on RFPs, securing triple+ bids on every job, providing pricing that’s within budget to account teams and ensuring vendor ability to provide job within account team’s timeframe.
- Support account team client projects with data entries into proprietary project system to schedule, bid & estimate, track job progress and maintain accuracy of information entered.
- Collaborate with account teams to find cost-saving measures.
- Approve final creative to ensure it adheres to specifications as estimated and for correct art/copy usage.
- Review all mail components for accuracy and adherence to USPS guidelines.
- Provide approval and traffic vendor print proofs to account teams for same.
- Write and understand lettershop instructions, understand how to read data in a mail file and provide approval on laser personalization audits.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the processes.
- Adhere to required timelines for all projects.
- Recognize specific needs of each client.
- Communicate to account teams on campaign production status.
- Help to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of all campaigns.
- 10+ years’ experience in print production, preferably in the non-profit industry.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, print production, and lettershop processes.
- Nonprofit fundraising and/or agency experience preferred, with a strong background in direct mail.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills to manage competing deadlines.
- Problem-solving approach and respond quickly and effectively in delivering the highest quality product to clients.
- Outstanding proofing and production knowledge to ensure smooth communications between account team and production
- Ability to multi-task and develop project plans for multiple clients.
- Possess a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment; includes working with a broad range of clients and team members.
Please include a cover letter and résumé with application. No phone calls please.