A strong visual identity is necessary to stand out from the competition and create a strong first impression. Clean, consistent branding helps instill familiarity and trust among donors and non-donors alike. For new organizations, this may require creating an entirely novel identity, but even existing organizations can benefit from a brand refresh from time to time . We have a great deal of experience in both cases. When developing or refreshing a brand, we create:
- A dedicated logo, which may be targeted organization-wide or specific to a special campaign initiative.
- A unique color palette, with primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.
- Any additional icons or graphic elements that can be used to enhance communications and marketing efforts.
- A typography set, covering header and body fonts for print and digital mediums.
- Additional items needed to support a full brand guidelines set can be identified as needed, such as articulating the character, tone, and values of supporting written communications
We can help your team Build a strong brand
A nonprofit’s branding is the way internal and external audiences perceive your organization – it’s the visual and written way you communicate who are you and what you do. Shaping this perception is essential to your nonprofit’s success.
Ultimately, your brand should strengthen your internal identity and cohesion, it should serve your mission, stay true to your values and culture and sustain your social impact. Building a strong brand depends on many factors, such as colors, font and tone that accurately reflect your organization.
As your organization evolves over time, your brand will need room to evolve. Faircom New York is a Nonprofit Branding Agency that works with nonprofits on organizational branding, rebranding or a brand refresh. We also build branding for specific campaigns.
Our 4-step brand creation process
1. We Listen
2. We ask
3. We design
4. We Finalize
Case Study: United Surgeons for Children
United Surgeons for Children (USFC) is part of the international NGO La Chaîne de L’Espoir, a leading global health organization established in 1994 by founding members of Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World. USFC is dedicated to expanding access to surgery in developing countries – creating a world in which all children, regardless of wealth or nationality, can have the opportunity to thrive in health. In preparation for their US launch, they needed an English name and an updated brand identity for the American market.
We partnered with USFC to support this exciting new initiative, considering how to brand it and renew their written and visual communications so that they are distinct but aligned with their parent organization. To do so, we:
- Executed a market and organization audit to identify their niche and American audience appeal, as well as identify areas of strength to capitalize on.
- Developed a new, unique positioning message and case for support targeting American donors.
- Articulated core themes and values for future communications.
- Created distinct name and brand/visual identity including a logo and brand style guide.
- Updated print and digital communications collateral to reflect the new identity, including a website, which can be seen here, and a brochure with program inserts as an effective tool to convey history and objectives.