Maximizing Direct Mail ROI through data science
Integrated fundraising is all about data. At Faircom New York, we have a team of PhD-level data and neuro scientists on staff and multiple specialized partners to build prescriptive models that will help maximize your ROI and your learning at every opportunity. As a client, you will feel taken care of by our data reporting and application services—you won’t feel overwhelmed—because we give you what you need when you need it with the goal of answering your most pressing questions and helping you to improve your results. We don’t deliver data to impress! We deliver it to act on.
“Faircom New York optimized our budgeting and forecasting with their custom long term value acquisition model. It was a game changer. TechnoServe is staffed by a team of of ex-management consultants, and they find this tool indispensable.”
— John Keightly, TechnoServe
A good program starts with quality data.
Data is the engine of direct marketing. It allows us to:
Target the right people → with the right ask → through the right channel → at the right time.
Now, to be clear, Faircom New York does not house our clients’ data, but we help our clients to maintain the data they need and to leverage it to optimize their fundraising.
Good Data Practices
At the very basis, data must be organized well so that information we need can be accessed with a simple query. It must also be accurate so that your decisions are based on reality, not estimations or falsehoods.
Data Hygiene is a term we use when we refer to maintaining a healthy, usable, trustworthy database. It encapsulates:
- To avoid mailing the same donor the same message twice
- To keep your donor giving history accurate
- To maintain a relational and not transactional database
- to improve the accuracy of postal coding, such as ZIP+4 Code®, carrier route and 5-digit ZIP Code coding
- To keep your address information up to date. This is especially important with non-profit postage which does not get forwarded when a person moves.
- NCOA also provides information on deceased people, enabling you to take them off of your mailing file.
- To keep your email addresses accurate
- Improves email deliverability
- Reduces bounce-back rates
- Safeguards against spam.
- DPV – Delivery Point Validation,
- LACS – Locatable Address Conversion System,
- PCOA – Proprietary Change of Address,
- Deceased Processing,
- Apartment Append/Correction,
- Address Enhancement.